Friday, September 26, 2008

The death of Blogocracy

A News Ltd Blog set up a couple of years ago to address a perceived imbalance in the Murdoch blogosphere, Blogocracy, sees its final post today. Host Tim Dunlop moves onto quieter pursuits. I would often peruse Dunlop’s site in my internet meanderings, mostly just for a chuckle. Dunlop did try very hard to maintain a balanced approach to his blog, with varying degrees of success. There were some quite insightful comments there from time to time. Mostly it was the usual howling at the moon from the rabid left. There were a number of characters there, much like there are at any blog I suppose. On the good side, there were some commenters who did daily battle with stupidity, and I admire their determination above anything else. There were also the clinically unhinged who were given a haven to vent their idiocy. To his credit, Dunlop catered very well to both, and I wish him all the best in whatever he decides to do from here. Just for the entertainment of it, for the sheer mindless, banshee-like ululation of a majority of his contributors; this was my favourite thread.

No comments: