Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The Age is at it again

According to Bolta, Catherine Deveny is not a well woman. If it was only speculation before, I think this nails it. A key phrase that describes not only Deveny’s view of politics, but by extension and reputation, that of The Age, is this line “I believe in democracy. As long as everybody else votes the same way I do.” The truly sad part is that whether or not the reports of Ms Deveny’s health are true, The Age still saw fit to print that. My mother-in-law reads that paper. I think there's something in that for all of us, don't you?.........

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been one of the first to pile on Deveney over some of her ratbag rants, but since I heard of her precarious mental state, I have refrained.
Hasn't stopped me from dropping the occasional abusive email to her editor at the Spencer St Soviet however.
Bit like the old time carnival freak shows, horrible to look at, but hard to look away too.

Anonymous said...

I thought you were deploying? We need to get on the gas.

Richard Sharpe said...

Pedro,

As I alluded to in the title of this post, I think it is The Age's issue that they keep publishing this snot. I have no idea whether Bolta's assertions are true, but either way, that rant haad no place in a "Journal of Record"


Anonymous,



Any day now......no really!....... Gotta love the UN.