Sunday, December 13, 2009

Climate Justice Feast

Firstly, apologies for the lack of posts; since coming home I’ve had more important things to do than blogging. Getting re-acquainted with Sharpe Jr and Mrs Sharpe has been high on the list, as well as a couple of other projects that germinated while I had lots of time to think about things. To really complicate matters, I’ve also just returned home from another extended period away from home, domestic this time thankfully.

Tim Blair, motivated into action by this genius, has declared the duration of the Copenhagen Greeny Love-in the Climate Justice Feast! I wasn’t able to pull something spectacular together for dinner last night, having eaten on the plane home, but I thought I’d share the coming home breakfast I prepared for the Sharpe clan.

You’ll note the secret ingredient for Sharpe’s patented scrambled eggs there on the left.

And this is what it looked like in all its heart attack inducing goodness.

Then followed a day of catching up on all the things that have been missed in my absence, before thoughts of dinner began to intrude. Having lived on mess food for the past five weeks, I thought a nice steak might be in order. It seems that steak is one of those dishes a mess will never get right. I trundled off to the butcher for some nice Australian Rib Eye, and some veggies to go with it.

The steak was then waved over the BBQ long enough to frighten it, before ending up as dinner.


The beer is Draught Home Brew (one of those little projects I mentioned earlier).

Now with a belly full of bleeding steak and homemade beer, I will adjourn to prepare for my last week at work before packing up and heading south for that obligatory instructional job for the next two years.


3 comments:

kae said...

Ohmygoodness! You haven't fallen off the face of the earth.

Welcome back.

Boy on a bike said...

It lives.

Steve at the Pub said...

Five months, I was just about to declare the link "dead". (Premature of me!)